Have you had a massage before? Have you heard that massage can be beneficial to your health?
It can! Want to learn more about massage? Here's a list of the many ways massage can improve your health.
- Improve sleep quality.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Reduce fatigue.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
'To keep the body in good health is a duty, for otherwise we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. Water surrounds the lotus flower but does not wet its petals.'